Sunday, September 14, 2008
Can't Sleep
Do you ever have nights were you just can't seem to fall asleep. Once I'm asleep-I'm good for the night...but as habit continues, I find myself way too awake for 12:35am on a Saturday Night. I chaperoned the stake dance tonight--it was really fun to see 400+ youth dressed up and hyper to stand around a dance floor and do NOTHING. For my church calling, I get to do that every month--and it's always a highlight--to enjoy the energy of this group. Takes you back to memories lived and sometimes longed for. There is an expression I've heard many times, "if you ask any adult if they would ever want to be a teenager again, they would say NO." But you know what? I don't know if that's completely true. I loved being a teenager. Sure life was full of drama and uncertainty but that was part of the "energy" I felt at the stake dance. I don't want to relive MY teenage years but I think it would be fun to be a teenager again (does that make sense?). My parents would probably laugh as they remember all too well the broken curfews, forbidden boyfriends, and dramatic scenes as I tried (very hard) to exert my free agency whenever/however I could. But I look back on my teen years with rosy glasses and big smiles. I had a lot of fun. I had great friends. But I love, love being a Mom and being married to Jeff. If it meant having to give up my NOW things to relive my youth--I would not/could not change a thing! Not even the mistakes and the embarrassing moments of being 15 11/12 :). There is nothing better in my life than being a wife to Jeff and a mother to my sweet girls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
First of all, I love the beach pictures! So cute! Oh, I remember those stake dances-awkward sometimes, but fun too. I bet chaperoning really does take you back...
Wow--I had no idea anyone was actually looking at my blog :) Thanks--have a great day!
I love this pic! And you are right! There is nothing better than being a mom to sweet little girls!
That picture needs to be HUGE and in your house. I love it sooooo much.
Post a Comment