Saturday, June 07, 2008

Women's Conference






My mom and I went to Women's Conference at BYU the end of April. We had so much fun and was exactly what I needed to motivate myself to be a better wife and mother. My cup was filled and overflowed with ideas, support, and most importantly the Spirit. Thank you Mom for a wonderful weekend and thank you Jeff for holding down the fort with 4 little ones so I could enjoy the time away without worrying. You are awesome! We stepped off the plane to SNOW!! I only brought flip-flops so I kept laughing at myself being so unprepared. We froze the first day as we walked to classes in snow flurries but by the second day it was BEAUTIFUL with only snow in the mountains--so breathtaking isn't it? (The mountains of course!)

 We had lunch with my little bro. Greg and his wife Sarah and their son Austin-which was really fun. Aunt Jane did a great job speaking on prayer, and Aunt Jackie did a fabulous job on all the quilts for the service project. What neat family we have! We ended up staying the night at Jackie's--their house is amazing.

Besides getting to spend some quality time with my Mom, my favorite moment was standing with thousands of other Latter-day Saint women to sing, We thank thee oh God for a prophet, as Pres. Monson joined us at the close of Women's Conference. It was so overwhelming (in a very good way) to be there--standing as a witness of our dear prophet. The blessing and privilege were mine and I will cherish it forever.
I hope to return again next year-it was amazing!


No comments: