Friday, November 21, 2008



I WANT TO SCREAM!!! If you haven't seen the move yet--Don't read! I'll ruin it for you. I went to the 12:01 showing of Twilight with a great group of girls from my ward, mothers, daughters, friends, etc...and gritted my teeth thru most of the film. ARHHHGGGG---why oh why does the movie industry have to RUIN such a fabulous story? Bad music---Bad acting---HORRIBLE Special Effects (my keen eye has been developed from listening to my movie producing sister in law who would have WALKED OUT OF THE THEATER FROM TORTURE!!!) There were some great shots--the arial shot from the tippy tops of trees--very romantic as well. The baseball game in the forest...James was the only believable vampire...my bottom lip hurts from pouting :) On the flipside--it really was fun to do something crazy like go to a movie at 12:01am and run into lots of people I haven't seen in a while--I even got to say hi to Annie and Rachel who were texting a girl (Ashley) in the theater while we waited. Annie---wait to see it with your man---it's not worth it! You can wait 2 years-trust me. Okay--I'm done belly aching. Sorry if you totally disagree with my "review" It's 2:50am now and somehow I have to tell my body it's time for bed and the girls will be up in less than 4 hours. I have a strong desire to reread Twilight and fall back in love with the story---Oh Bella--Oh Edward---till we meet again for New Moon (which I heard is in preproduction---hopefully they'll get more $$ so the stunts and shinny skin actually resemble something believable...okay sorry- I'm done for now. Good night.

3 comments:

mom4jules said...

I so completely agree with everything! While is was adventurous of us to have a fun girls night, the movie was a disappointment. DITTO to all of the complaints, I am so depressed over it. I hope the sequel is picked up by a production company with more $ so I do not completely lose faith. I started Twilight today to remind myself how much I love this story. I like the actors for Bella and Edward, but the dialogue was off. AAAAH! It is hard when you look forward to something so much and it is a bust!

Shanda said...

Oh Kari! I sort of felt the same way. I did not like the actors they chose from the beginning. They just weren't who I had pictured when I was reading the books. I thought the acting was terrible, but the movie grew on it & I ended up being ok with it. I wish they could choose other actors. The shiny skin was a TOTAL disappointment! I hope they made enough money though that they will make a larger budget for the next movie. Have you seen HSM3 though? I loved that! ;)

Amanda said...

I also went to a 12:01 showing with friends. It was so much fun for me because I didn't know anything about Twilight. I'd never read the books and I only saw a preview for the movie just minutes before I went to it. I only went because my friends were so crazy about it that I thought I would check it out.

Ok, I loved the movie. The next day I went out and bought all the books and read them in a week including Midnight Sun (which is my favorite). Now I am Edward obsessed. I think Robert Pattinson did a great job in the movie.

But I can see how if you read the books first how you would have that kind of reaction to the movie.