Thursday, October 30, 2008

COUPON SENSE


I have a new LOVE-HATE relationship with shopping. I joined this coupon group in August called Coupon Sense. It does all the hard work for you (for a fee) and all you have to do is buy the paper, clip the coupons and shop...sounds simple enough right? The whole strategy is bulk buying items when they are on sale with coupons. Often times you get things for free or under a dollar. I take six Sunday papers so when things go on sale I get six of them--and up. It takes me hours each week and I truly HATE it when I have to sort,organize, clip, reorganize, and shop to find things "out of stock." But I LOVE it when I come home from a quick trip to Frys with $130.00 for 37.58. It's amazing! I even took a picture of my counter to prove it. I average 85% savings on ALL my shopping trips. In 3 months I now have a 12 month supply of soap, shampoo, toothpaste, cereal, granola bars, hey---wait, I don't want to tell everyone what we have or you'll come raid our house!! :) Seriously though, this is exactly why I joined. I wanted an "everyday" solution to building my food storage without spending thousands of dollars. Jeff says the best part is it gives me a "shopping fix" without spending very much money. If ever you are interested in an extremely time consuming, mind boggling, food storage stategy---just ask. I'll tell you how much I HATE it and then I'll brag about all the stuff I got for free :) 

1 comment:

Haleigh said...

I've done this in the past on my own, and need to get started again. After Dane's accident and the baby, it's been hard to get going again. Maybe I should use coupon sense. I'll have to talk to you about it.